Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm kind of a jerk.

First, I wanna say thanks to everyone who e-mailed me this week. Unfortunately, for the first time in a very long time, I received so many e-mails that I actually had to stop answering them. If I had written an answer to every single e-mail, as I usually try to do, I'd have spent the entire week doing nothing but thanking people for their restaurant suggestions.

By the way, to the 100 or so folks who recommended Senor Pique on Manchester, we tried it last night. Not bad at all. But it's not the kind of Mexican we prefer. It's more of an authentic Mexican restaurant, with mole and green peppers and stuff like that. We tend to prefer not-actually-Mexican fare, with lots of sour cream and refried beans and nacho cheese. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place. Just not our style. Plus, it was more expensive than Chimichanga or El Paisano. Kind of a bummer.

Anyway, so I feel bad for being kind of a jerk and not writing everyone back this week. Assuming I'm completely ignored this week like I usually am, I'll go back to responding to all the e-mails I get. (So hey, good news, Mom.)

Oh, and some of the e-mails I got were so off the deep end this week that I've written my next column about them. I'll reprint some of them here in their entirety when the column runs, just so you can see what I'm talking about.

Gotta go pay the bills now. See ya.

No comments: